Wednesday 19 October 2011

Review: Nubar Porcelain Base Coat

I purchased this base to try out, since I was running low on my essie first base coat (best ever btw), with high expectations. My first impression of the product and packaging were positive, but its performance as a "base coat" was quite dissapointing. I'd recommend purchasing this, as a treatment, i.e. if you plan to use it on its own, considering it has a sheer, glossy, milky white finish and nourishes your nails.
Now on to a more detailed review of this product's characteristics.

Pros:
  • Sheer white color is enough to cover up nail discolorations.
  • Makes an amazing treatment, perfect for "resting" your nails in between using extreme colors and glitters. Matched with a glossy top coat, this polish will give you the best natural finish, and durable nails.
  • A perfect shade for french manis; one coat would be enough to give your nail a credible natural shade.
Cons:
  • Given the fact that this product is marketed as a base, I'd say it definitely failed in this aspect. It took forever to dry and made color application streaky (even with opaque cream finish polishes, and believe me I tried using many on top of this base coat). This meant I had to apply more than one coat of polish, despite their opacity, adding up even more drying time to this process.
  • Nail polish easily chipped on the second day. I blame this on the base coat, given the fact that I used trusted and tested long-lasting nail polishes and top coat.
  • Like I said, it took a long time to dry, and even when I let it dry on its own for about an hour, when I applied my nail polish on top (which would normally take 15-20 mins to dry), an hour later my nails were still "sticky".
Final thoughts:

If you're looking for a base coat, then I wouldn't recommend this product at all. Could have been a bad batch... who knows? But given its price, I definitely would not risk purchasing this again.

Nevertheless, I now have a decent nail treatment for the days I like to leave my nails alone! ^^



5/10 (bad as a base coat, works as a "natural" nail treatment)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...