Wednesday 19 October 2011

Review: L'Oreal Professionnel Fiberceutic treatment

Botox for your hair? Indeed! ;)

Being a dedicated fan of L'Oreal Professionnel hair products, I HAD to give this a go.

Overall, this two-step process visibly improved my fine, damaged hair. After the very first application, my hair felt instantly thicker and stronger. Feels like I have a built-in heat protectant, resulting in reduced breakage and damage, despite my "harsh" hair styling habits.

FIY: I purchased this treatment online and applied it on my own, using a standard tiny plastic syringe I purchased from the drugstore, since no hair-salon in my area offers it. I'm quite experienced in using at-home treatments, but if you've never done something like this, and your local stylists offer it, then I'd definitely recommend getting this treatment done by a professional.

Pros:
  • Easy to apply, although the syringe application requires a bit of patience, since you have to apply the serum gradually strand by strand (on squeaky clean towel-dried hair) concentrating from the middle to the end of your hair. This took about 10 minutes for my shoulder-length hair.
  • Timewise, it only takes five minutes for the product to work, once you've applied the mask to seal this in.
  • Lives up to its promise, my fine hair felt immediately thicker and much stronger, meaning I could use my flat iron without worrying too much about heat damage.
  • Lasts a few washes, in my case I had to re-apply after one month.
  • Available for all hair types, i.e. fine and thick.
 Cons:
  • Just like botox, results are not permanent, so this works best if you have the treatments done on a regular basis.
  • Didn't do much with regard to frizziness, meaning I still have to use my frizz-taming products. 
  • I have to clarify that this is not a product with miraculous hair-transforming effects, just think of it as a "shield" for your hair. ;)
Final Thoughts:
 
If your hair is processed, dyed or damaged from heat styling, then I'm sure you'll love this treatment, especially since it doesn't come with the risks of the notorious Brazillian Keratin treatments (which I never even dared to try out tbh), making this a great alternative.

Although this treatment is available for thicker hair, if you have fine hair you'll definitely get more benefits out of it.

Having done six treatments within a five month period, I can confidently say that the process definitely lives up to its promises and worth having it done... after all who doesn't want strong hair?

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...