Wednesday 21 September 2011

L'Oreal Professionnel MYTHIC OIL review

Hair products are definitely a weak spot for me, I'm always up for trying something new, especially when it claims to be as good as the product I will be reviewing in this post.

L'Oreal Professionnel hair care products rarely fail to meet my expectations. The price may be a downside to this range, but always works out much cheaper than drugstore hair treatments, as I find a little goes a long way.

L'Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil is no exception to the rule. It visibly improves how my hair looks and reduces hair breakage, every time I style it. :)

Pros:

- Perfect for all hair types. I was initially sceptical about this claim, since I have super fine color-treated hair, and usually oil-based products are a major no-no for me, but to my surprise it didn't weigh my hair down at all.

- Lightweight consistency; as stated, no weigh down, dullness or excessive oiliness (when applied carefully towards the ends) and of course less buildup than "heavier" products I've tried (like John Frieda's Frizz Eaze serum for example)

- Pleasant fruity smell.

- Reduces frizz and helps tame my thin unruly hair.

- Multi-purpose; I use it as a heat protectant and its perfect for finishing touches

- Prevents hair breakage from dryness and styling tools. I use hot tools (flat iron and blowdryer) every time I wash my hair. Ever since I started using the "Mythic Oil" I have much less hair breakage (if any), and less trimming to be done! ^^

- Conditions the hair, making it soft and shiny, without the added stickiness.

- Economical: two drops are more than enough to cover dry/damaged ends, I've had mine for months and the 125ml bottle is still practically full.

- Reduces styling time and frustration. I just love how easily my brush goes through my hair when I use this.

Cons:

- Steep price (but like I said you'll practically get bored of seeing this on your cabinet, it lasts forever xD)

- Needs to be applied every time you style/ wash your hair, meaning that results are not permanent, which is the case with most treatments anyway (low or high end).


Directions:


Prior to styling


The only major secret in using anti frizz products, prior to styling, drying, is to apply them when your hair is really wet. (well not dripping wet ^^!!)

To apply, flip your hair down and run your fingers through from the middle the ends, to gently and evenly deposit the oil (don't massage the product into your hair). I found this method works for me since it helps stay away from the roots.

Two pumps are enough at this stage.


After you've styled your hair

If you feel your ends need more moisture, especially if you're prone to get the frizzies, I recommend applying one pump to your dry ends.

This will help smooth your hair and prevent possible frizz.

If don't have to go through this stage, don't, as it would probably end up making your hair oily faster.


10/10

Full list of L'Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil ingredients, as listed on the bottle, for those interested:


CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONOL, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, PERSEA GRATISSIMA OIL. AVOCADO OIL, VITIS VINIFERA SEED OIL, LIMONENE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, COURMARIN, LINALOOL, BUTYLPHENIL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, AMYL CINNAMAL, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, ISOEUGENOL, BENZYL BENZOATE, CINAMMYL ALCOHOL, CITRONELLOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...